Friday, September 4, 2009

Are you there, Michael McDonald? It's me, V.



So, maybe you have heard the buzz about Michael McDonald (of Doobie Brothers and, for a time, Steely Dan fame) teaming up with Grizzly Bear on "While You Wait for the Others." Have you heard the song yet? You should probably listen. At first listen, I was like "whatever! where's Ed??"

I could only envision enjoying Michael McDonald's husky vocals on say, "What a Fool Believes." When I hear the words "Grizzly Bear" I expect to hear Ed Droste's whispery, crystal-clear voice cutting through the deeply textured instrumentals and vocal harmonies of the group that I have grown to love so dearly through the years. But I kept listening and...well, I won't bore you with the details of my transformation, but I am now a huge fan of this collabo. Welcome to the indie fold, Michael McD! Who's next on the collabo calendar? Don't you tell me its Beyonce!

No comments:

Post a Comment