Friday, August 21, 2009

Ducktails...wooo-oo!



I know you remember this cartoon. It came on during that after-school Disney marathon that we all loved to watch while avoiding homework... Scrooge McDuck? With that great Scottish accent? And the top hat and tails??? I loved that show!

BUT! That's not what I'm talking about here today. I'm late to this party, but the blogosphere has been lightly and intermittently buzzing (since 2008) about a little outfit called Ducktails out of Jersey City under the LA label Not Not Fun.


Cover of Ducktails' S/T LP - out now!

This solo project by Matthew Mondanile presents pretty, shimmery, psych summer pop that makes me want to put on my bikini, run to the nearest beach and have a party.

Check Ducktails out for yourself at The Market Hotel (JMZ to Myrtle for my fellow MTA riders) tonight, with Andrew Cedermark, Julian Lynch, Real Estate (Matthew's other project), and Family Portait.

No comments:

Post a Comment