Monday, February 1, 2010

The Tindersticks?



I was a child of the '90s. So today, I am reeling learning about The Tindersticks. How on earth did I miss this band during my adolescent music education, what with Nirvana, Morrissey and the like? The band, which released its first demo in 1992, is now back (I never even knew they'd gone) with their eighth album Falling Down a Mountain.

The Tindersticks' relationship is like a work in progress. After about 13 years together, of waxing, waning and breaking up to do solo projects, the band has found each other again, picked up the pieces, dusted them off to a brand new sheen, and produced what seems to be a really soulful album. Perhaps The Tindersticks have come to a more mature place of understanding of who they are as people and as an operation. I think that's really beautiful. Take a listen and check out this band here.

No comments:

Post a Comment